Sunday 13 March 2011

Confusion.

Sunday 13th March

Nothing happened in my life. Nothing eventful anyway.

United won and we'll be playing City at Wembley in the cup semi finals.

Looking at a new job tomorrow - anything will do for now - I'm getting bored just sitting around killing time, but anything's got to be better than the ten years of purgatory I just endured.

Anyway - I don't want to bang on about that.

Terrible thing, that earthquake and tsunami in Japan - and what was unbelievable was the way the media connected everything and anything to it, and the sickly-sweet messages in the newspapers.

And the doomsayers - ah yes, the frigging Nostradamus merchants and their ilk coming out of the woodwork to tell us we're all doomed. That it's all the beginning of the Mayan prophecy.

Fuck off!

The Mayans lived up mountains and carried out ritual human sacrifices to appease the Gods. And they died out. Who better to listen to than the Mayans eh?

What a load of old bollocks.

Since I stopped working I've been watching 'Deadliest Catch' on Discovery as often as I can. Now that's the kind of job I'd like. Crab fishing in the Bering Sea. Well, it would have been okay a few years ago, but I don't know if I'd be up for it these days, what with me bad back and me dodgy knee.

(There is some interesting stuff going on in my life really, but I can't talk about it yet. Mum's the word.)

1 comment:

  1. The Mayans eh?
    Fourth World finishing and the next one starting.
    I presume the new one will be known as the 'fifth' world, but who will know as we will all be dead.............

    ReplyDelete